- Game schedules are released 2-3 weeks prior to the tournament. Please note that all game times in the schedule issued to the teams are final; there is no flexibility to add game slots or move teams around after the issuance of the schedule.
- The game schedule does consider travel distance, time gaps between games, and even distribution of morning, afternoon, and evening games.
- Most tournament weekends occur on a Friday, Saturday, Sunday (the exception is our Crabtown may fall on weekdays depending on what day of the week Christmas falls on).
- Participating teams must be available and ready to play the first and last games of the tournament. The first day of our Crabtown Showdown and Country and Western Showdown start at 7am, while the Capital Showdown starts around 12 noon on the first day of the tournament. Last games for all of the tournaments typically end Sunday around 5pm.
- All teams will play at least one game each day, and one of the tournament days each team will play two games to provide them a maximum of four games. We use multiple rinks and every available ice slot they have for the tournament to schedule the games, which besides game slots, includes scheduling about 10 hours of ice time for the Showdown Olympics (skills competition).
- Non-local teams must stay at host hotels at the tournament group rate. The hotel process begins about 4-6 weeks prior to the tournament. The tournament will initiate the process by providing teams with the hotel choices. Based on those choices and the completed application date.
- The tournament will place teams into hotels. The placement occurs about 3-4 weeks prior to the tournament. Upon placement, the team manager will speak directly with the hotel group coordinator. The hotel will provide confirmation numbers but will need individual credit cards to secure the rooms. Please note each hotel has a different process for obtaining individual credit cards. Also, other rates cannot be negotiated and there are no complimentary rooms.
Tournament Information Package
- The tournament information package contains details about games, registration, team placement, hotels, tournament activities, rinks, trophies/awards, souvenirs, referees, rules, division formats, and other pertinent details. We issue this to the team managers about 2-3 weeks prior to the tournaments.
- We encourage all team managers to share this information with all of the families on your teams.
- LiveBarn provides online broadcasts of hockey games at many rinks. Games are broadcast both live and via on-demand replay. This service allows friends and family to watch online when they cannot attend a game. Athletes and coaches have the benefit of reviewing their games and sharing video highlights online or downloading full games for archival purposes.
- Player and Team Digital Photographs
Premier Event Photography will be taking action photos at the tournament. The Photography Team tries to get a great action photo of every player!
- To help the photographers, please stop by their table before your game and give them your player’s number. After your game, the images will be ready for you to view.
Best deal! – Your team can purchase all your game images and download all the images in their full original size directly from their new server. (With your team download purchase all posters, and wall stickers are 50% off for your team). They also offer traditional photo sizes wallets, 5×7,8×10, etc.
For any questions email – email@example.com, or call direct 716-704-0607
- Showdown Tournaments partners with Mission Awards to custom-design all lapel pins, trophies, banners and other awards for its tournament series.
- They are extending services to participating teams, to design and supply: lapel pins, pucks, and other memorabilia with your logo for Showdown Tournament’s Pin Exchange Event.
- Mission Awards is a national awards company providing custom products to events across the United States, Canada, Africa and Europe.
- They specialize in custom products including: trophies, medallions and ribbons, lapel pins, lanyards, patches, bagtags, plaques, and many other products that you can put your logo on. As they like to say, “Our mission is your satisfaction”.
You can contact me, Adam Gustafson, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 866-396-5481 to place an order for your tournament event. Please allow 4-6 weeks to design and deliver your order. Visit our website to learn more at missionawards.com