Showdown Tournaments secures room blocks with local hotels for the tournament. As a condition of acceptance, all out-of-town teams (home rink less than 1 hour from main rink) must stay at a host hotel at the contract rate secured by Showdown Tournaments. Showdown Tournaments negotiates room blocks at group rates, which may or may not be better than an individual rate, as rates fluctuate over time based on supply and demand. Teams negotiating their own rate, booking internet rates, or using reward points will be disqualified from the tournament. Both individual families and teams must adhere to these rules or risk disqualification from the tournament. Host hotels are sponsors of the tournament and provide financial support for meeting tournament expenses.
- We do not post host hotels as they change from year to year. Rather we issue a list of hotels 4-6 weeks prior to the tournament date and hotels will provide room confirmations 2-3 weeks prior to the tournament date.
- Maryland Tournaments: Crabtown and Capital Showdown
Host hotels are in the Laurel, Greenbelt, Silver Spring and other surrounding areas. Tournament rates range from $129-$149.
- Tennessee Tournaments: Country & Western Showdown
Host hotels are in Coolsprings, Franklin, Antioch, Opryland, and airport areas. Nashville is one of the hottest convention markets in the country and rates have continued to rise. Tournament rates range from $159-$179, which is much lower than the going rates ranging from $200-$450.
- Showdown Tournaments contracts and books the rooms directly with the hotels for the teams. Our process has many steps to collect as listed below:
- Showdown contracts with hotels 3-6 months prior to tournament date.
- Teams complete hotel rooming list as part of application process.
- Showdown emails teams list of hotel choices 4-5 week before tournament.
- Teams submit hotel choices in ranking order for Showdown to consider.
- Showdown places teams and emails rooming list to hotels for confirmation.
- Teams reach out to hotel contact to firm up rooming list and credit cards.
- Showdown Tournaments does not have complimentary rooms for coaches or managers at the host hotels. Please do not inquire with hotel for such a room. We do try to provide a complimentary hospitality room when one is available for use.
- Teams do not contact hotels directly as reservations are made using the rooming lists.
- Space in each host hotel is limited to the contracted room block (e.g. 30, 50, 100). Given these limitations, Showdown Tournaments bases hotel assignments on the teams completed application date in the order received.
- Showdown Tournaments makes every effort to accommodate multiple teams from the same organization requesting to stay at the same host hotel.